Switching Multiple Preamps Using one Power Amp

• Members

I've searched all over for the answer to this and i need a little help. I currently have 4 different premaps (Mako, Peavey, Jackson, Marshall). I have one power amp..a Fryette 2/50/2 power amp.

Everytime I want to use a different preamp, I unplug the one I was using and plug in the one I want to use. This is getting old. I don't want to run two or more at the same time or any of that. All I want to do is to be able to switch from one preamp to another using the same power amp. I've see the Rocktron patch mate 8 and the GCX. Will either do the trick and am I missing something? I've have looked hard for an answer to this and have been unable to find one.

If this can be done, can someone give me a basic description of how to do it. Thanks in advance for the help.

kirkster

• Members

That Whirlwind looks very cool, and is very cheap. For big money, I use Switchblade GL, or there are cheaper models available by that mfg. MIDI controlled, any order, footswitch fx in an out, in addition to boosting/cutting - about as complicated as you want to make it.

• Members

I ended up going with this one. A little more expensive, but better parts and room for two more devices.

http://www.audiotechguitarproducts.com/SourceSelector1X6.html

That Whirlwind looks very cool, and is very cheap. For big money, I use Switchblade GL, or there are cheaper models available by that mfg. MIDI controlled, any order, footswitch fx in an out, in addition to boosting/cutting - about as complicated as you want to make it.

Archived