Harmony Central Forums
No announcement yet.

Remote volume control

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote volume control

Hi all,

Wondering if something like this exists.  I have a small rack system consisting of a CD player, Tuner, Line mixer and amp. Is there something out there that can control the overall volume (not individual components) remotely via IR? I'm thinking it would be something in between the output of the line mixer and the amp input.

I can't think of anything like that off the top of my head - sorry. The closest I can think of to something similar would be a power amp with a remote - I've seen them before (I think Sony used to make one designed for home stereo use) but it's been many years...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

• Hookani
      Hookani commented
      Editing a comment

Thanks Phil. Didn't think there was anything.