Pyrotechnics Style Effects?

• Members

I'm in charge of the technology end of a convention, and our theme this year is "The Fire Within." We are hiring a group to do the sound & lighting end of it, but I had a question that I was wondering if you guys could answer. To help get the fire idea across, I was wondering if there are any pyrotechnic effects or light effects in that style that we could use. It can't be outrageously expensive. I just thought I'd ask those who would really know before I do anything else.

Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely,

Dustin

• Members

Originally posted by i_wanna_les_paul:

I'm in charge of the technology end of a convention, and our theme this year is "The Fire Within." We are hiring a group to do the sound & lighting end of it, but I had a question that I was wondering if you guys could answer. To help get the fire idea across, I was wondering if there are any pyrotechnic effects or light effects in that style that we could use. It can't be outrageously expensive. I just thought I'd ask those who would really know before I do anything else.

Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely,

Dustin

Here in NY state pyro people are licenced. And with out the proper training pyro can be very dangerous. I had a friend blow his face off when a flash pot did not work as it should have. I would first check with management of the venue to see if they know a qualified pyro tech, then if not check with a local PROFESSIONAL theatre to see who does their pyro. Fire is not something to be worked with if you are unfamiliar with how to do it.

There is a light effect which is basically a light under a piece of cloth with a fan blowing the cloth so it looks like fire. Kinda cheesy but it might get the point across.

Check any theartical lighting book and they usually have a way to fake fire.

[This message has been edited by meegaleedo (edited January 27, 2002).]

• Members

Same in England although I think the pyro (or fireworks) license is quite easy to do. A couple of days training I think.

You could rent some Flame lights with gas bottles for putting around the place.

Good Luck

Steve...R

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

www.z11pyro.com the most bang for your buck for sure.

My band uses fire all the time and we just can't get enough of it! We don't go over board with it though.Only one time we crazy with it and we had pyros going off all over the place.Made Rammstein seem like a smokey the bear group.

Pyros are like scuba diving..Can be very deadly but with common sense you avoid 97% of the danger.You do need to get licence or hire a pyro crew near your area.

I will check some of my links to see what i can find for the NY area.

[This message has been edited by Guitargeek (edited February 14, 2002).]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived