Hog PC

• Members

I've done sound for a good while know and recently started dabbling in lighting. My questions is two fold.

1)For moving luminary control is the Hog PC system (High End Systems) any good.

2)Does anyone have any recomendations as to where I can get a used "DMX widget" for the Hog PC system. I am in San Diego CA. I would like to pay $700 dollars orless.

Thanks,

John

• Members

I worked for a event lighting company in London called The Spot Company for about 4 years and in the building was a budding desk manufacturer called Flying Pig Systems. They designed and made the Hog. They were bought our a few years ago by high end systems of America. A good friend of mine still works for them. (a bit of history, sorry...).

Although these desks are very nice, they are expensive compared to competent desks like the Avolite's Pearl 2000, or the Azure. Many people request Hogs for hire but more people request the Pearl these days... Go and check them out...

Cya

Steve...

• Members

I checked out the Avolite Pearl 2000. Seems like a good board. The reason I like the Hog PC however, is the PC part. It is ideal for my situation to have a controller on PC. I am not looking into getting a full touring controller but instead I want a less espensive alternative for installation lights. These things cost a fraction of what a real controller would and is seems like they have the same features. So any good sources for used gear?

Thanks,

John

• 2 weeks later...

Archived