Scrimmer stick users?

Never_Grew_Up

• Members

We have some old EDI Scrimmer stick dimmers that are starting to fail out pretty regularly. A 600 watt dimmer channel blowing it's fuse with a 500 watt load. Is there any sort of periodic maintenance or refurbishing that you(all) are aware of? Are they worth sending off for repair or should I just bite the bullet and replace them? We use them in a high school black box theatre so having something we can mount in the ceiling with the lights sure makes cabling easy.

• Members

Originally posted by Never_Grew_Up

We have some old EDI Scrimmer stick dimmers that are starting to fail out pretty regularly. A 600 watt dimmer channel blowing it's fuse with a 500 watt load. Is there any sort of periodic maintenance or refurbishing that you(all) are aware of? Are they worth sending off for repair or should I just bite the bullet and replace them? We use them in a high school black box theatre so having something we can mount in the ceiling with the lights sure makes cabling easy.

Overheating maybe? I don't know the dimmers at all. Got a picture? Do they have fans or ventilation of any descripton?

• 13 years later...

Archived