please sugest some moving heads

kevinnem

• Members

hello all , canyou please give me some sugestions for moving head spots.

I am looking at a price approx 500-1000$/unit.

I like useing breakups, and some gobos, I like haveing lots of colors to choose from, I like have iris control (ie beam width) and motorised focus, and rotation gobo (shake I have never used). and bright. And cheap bulbs of course:)

all and all, is there a stand out fixture or 2 that just seem to be the best in this lower end price catagory?

Kev.

• Members

In the Accu Spot series, the Accu Spot 300 will get you the addition of a rotating prism, which is a great effect.

But I still say go for the Design Spots - they'll be a very good investment, and will provide as much functionality as you want and will long outlast anything in the sub-1K range.

• Members

There's a Design Spot 250 PRO and a Design Spot 250. You don't need the PRO version - it's just got a few minor upgrades (better LED display for entering DMX address, slightly better optics with some lenses, etc - nothing to pay the extra for). The regular DS250 should go for under 1400 new.

• Members

Well, if rotating gobos are necessary, and not the other features, get yourself some of these pronto: http://cgi.ebay.com/Chauvet-Intimidator-Spot-2-0-HTI-690-Moving-Yoke-Bam_W0QQitemZ330273479795QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item330273479795&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

For new units, look for Chauvet's new Intimidator 150 fixture hitting the market soon - looks like a good little unit.

Also, I've got a handle on some open box Focus Spot 250R fixtures which use the MSD250 source. I don't know exactly how many, but I can get numbers and shipping for you if you want.

• Members

Man I am going to start a new thread about bulbs. maybe someone has a resouce for them but I get mighty confused when it some to all these types HTI, ahlogen discharge ...the only ones I really know are the MSD700's for the ibeams, bright as hell, but costly.

Archived