Fogger Death?

brywool

• Members

Hi, not sure this is the correct forum, but I would think so-

I've got an American DJ fogger that I got as a refurb in July.

It's been working great for months, but last night, the lights were on but the thing wasn't heating up.

Any ideas on a fix? Thanks!

• Members

Is there an internal fuse for the heating element?

Just guessing here.

Thanks Nobody Told Me (Lennon reference?- good man!)

There's a fuse, but if the fuse was blown, wouldn't the whole thing not turn on? From what I saw last night, the fogger's definitely ON and the footswitch for it also shows that it's ON, though I never get the green light that it's good to go. However, the fogger's cool to the touch, so for some reason, it's not heating.

Could that be a fuse? That's the first thing I plan on checking this afternoon, but it just didn't seem to fit because the thing turns on.

• Members

Was it... EMPTY?

Who knows, maybe the tank needs to be 1/4 full or higher to work?

Hi Bryan, no, it's gotta full bottle inside it. It's a Fogstorm 1200, if that helps. I just hate when stuff doesn't work correctly. Drives me nuts.

• Members

Does the manual give you a decent troubleshooting list? Or is it too vague? Or has none of it worked?

Not really, though they did mention the fuse, as was stated above. However, that would make me think that the entire thing wouldn't turn on, but maybe that's it. I'll have a look this afternoon. Somehow, I doubt that's it.

• Members

Usually the heat exchange has its' own thermal reset button. This has nothing to do with the externally accessable fuse. Open the unit up and take a look around the heat block for a red (usually) button.

Will do. Nice of them to put it INSIDE.

Thanks!

Archived