Another Truss Question

mitchell8621

• Members

I have about $400 given to me by the band for a new truss...we currently have two 2 bars that are falling apart, and we want something that will fit along the back of our stage...This also will be used as a DJ truss as well

The two options we are between are the ADJ Crank 2 Truss System and the ADJ Dura Truss System. Any thoughts?

We currently run 8 par 38's, 2 scanners, 4 mini strobes, 1 mirror ball, and black lights.

• Members

We have a dura truss and its great. We also have the 5' extension. We hang about 10 LED par 56s, 4 par 46s and dimmer pack, a big black denim/canvas - ish backdrop, and are probably going to add a few pinspots. Its great. The only draw back to the dura truss is that you can't get various extension sizes. We played a show last night where the stage was about 14 feet wide - so we couldn't mix and match various segment lengths like you can w/ global truss and had to settle on just using 10' of truss with a few less lights. Bill @ ESC sold me mine and we're very happy with it.

• Members

I own the Dura Truss system, and for my weekend warrior situation it's ok. It's a huge improvement over those cheap I-beam p.o.s. rigs you see being sold all over the web. It is not, however, anywhere close to the strength or durability of a "real" box or triangular truss setup. You say it's also going to be used as a DJ truss, which makes me think your rig is going to get a lot more use than mine does.

Dura Truss pros:

Easy to assemble/disassemble

No plastic parts

Inexpensive as far as truss systems go

Very Sturdy - far superior to cheap I-beam rigs

Tripods have a leveling feature (very handy in certain situations)

Dura Truss cons:

Limited height - only extends to about 9 feet

Retainers on the safety pins are made of string (stupid)

When using 3 sections there IS a slightly noticeable sag in the center.

I know nothing of the crank 2 system.

Archived