Looking for an Isolator

Hlbly1969

• Members

I am looking for an isolator of some sort to filter the AC line voltage to keep from interfering with amps on stage when I run standard par cans on the same circuit. Anyone know of a unit that will be able to filter the buzzing noise?

I am fairly sure there are units out there to do that but I cannot pose the right search in order find what I am looking for.

I need to find something before next weekend.

Thanks

• Members

You might try a Furman power conditioner or something like it. They also make power conditioners for computer gear like for recording studio work, this may also work. Or try to put your lights on a seperate circuit if possible or try a ground lift on the lights. One of these idea's should work.

Peace

dd

• Members

We haven't ran into any issues yet with blown breakers. Although we were kinda worried about it last night.

We only get the buzz in the guitar amps when we run the standard Pars. I have 2 Par 64s and 8 Par 56's The 64's produce the most buzz (loudest and most noticeable).

I could just not run the 64's but in some venues we need the light output from them. Which will be the case next weekend.

• Members

I am using a stage setter 8 to control the lights with dimmer packs. Both from American DJ. It was the combo pack they had not long ago.

I only use this setup for the PAR Cans I use a separate system to control a moving head and some LED lights

Archived