Chauvet DMX-4

Shawn Limy

• Members

I bought two Dimmer packs,I was wondering if anyone knows how i hook them up to the dmx,I know how to do it when the just the pars are hooked up to it,Im trying to figure out do i hook the first dimmer pack up to the last colorstrip:confused:Im lost again.

• Members

Hopefully you are talking about hooking up the DMX cables of the Colorstrips to the DMX-4 and not the power cord of the color strip to the DMX4, that would be bad. The order of things on the DMX side doesn't really matter. From the DMX out of your controller you can go to the DMX IN of the DMX4 and then the DMX OUT to the colorstrip DMX in. OR you can do it the other way around. Do Not try and control the colorstrip with the DMX4 (plugging the AC cord of the colorstrip into the DMX4). Other than that it won't matter what order things are in.

• Members

Hopefully you are talking about hooking up the DMX cables of the Colorstrips to the DMX-4 and not the power cord of the color strip to the DMX4, that would be bad. The order of things on the DMX side doesn't really matter. From the DMX out of your controller you can go to the DMX IN of the DMX4 and then the DMX OUT to the colorstrip DMX in. OR you can do it the other way around. Do Not try and control the colorstrip with the DMX4 (plugging the AC cord of the colorstrip into the DMX4). Other than that it won't matter what order things are in.

Thanks for the help Jim,everything is working great.:thu:

• Members

Thanks for the help Jim,everything is working great.:thu:

Archived