Anyone seen these RGBA LED's?

• Members

Ran across these today on Ebay. Anyone know anything about them or seen them? They look like round versions of The Puck. Not sure if there is anything different in the tech specs. Seem pretty inexpensive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LED-slim-profile-Par-64-can-RGBA-puck-style-DMX-light-/270689033473?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0652dd01

• Members

I'd question support. Does the company have a lighting repair facility? It seems the mostly sell jewelery.

Agreed. Also it looks like the specs were translated, not written up properly by a company whose first language is English. So I definitely wouldn't buy these fixtures. Seriously, the real Pucks from Blizzard are the best option, and Will stands behind his products 100%.

• Members

I took a chance and got a couple and they are identical to my RGBA Pucks from blizzard as far as color, led layout and brightness. I received them today and am looking at the two different lights right now. They are solidly built but not as refined in their form factor as the Blizzard fixtures. I am just looking at them running their test pattern, I haven't tried to control them with my board yet as I need to make up some cables.

• Members
I took a chance and got a couple and they are identical to my RGBA Pucks from blizzard as far as color, led layout and brightness. I received them today and am looking at the two different lights right now. They are solidly built but not as refined in their form factor as the Blizzard fixtures. I am just looking at them running their test pattern, I haven't tried to control them with my board yet as I need to make up some cables.

is the light spread/dispersion similar to the Puck?

• Members

Mounted side by side they project the same size, shape and color when set to the same channel and controlled by the same controller. The LED pattern is EXACTLY the same, the color pattern it cycles in auto mode is also EXACTLY same. The menu and controls on the back are EXACTLY the same. The ONLY difference between these lights and a puck is the physical form factor of the case. From what I can tell, these lights are Pucks in a different container.

Archived