Controller options

Mutha Goose

• Members

I'm hoping for some controller recommendations.

I run a somewhat basic setup. 10 Pucks and a pair of Zippers. I will be adding a DMX fogger and some moving fixtures in the near future (but that's a different post :cool:). I'm using DMXis running on a Mac, controlled with a FCB1010 midi foot controller. I use the Mac when I'm running sound to interface with my mixer anyway so this was the logical choice for me.

But there are many times when my band is playing that I don't need my PA, and would rather not have to use the Mac on a stage (fragile). Is there another controller option that could work for me? One that can be fully controlled by a midi controller? I'm a guitar player so I have to be able to control it with my feet (my drummer won't play to a click, so I can't automate).

Unfortunately, I am not finding detailed enough information online. I can find some controllers that say they can work via midi, but when you look at the details (if you can find them) the only thing you can do is fade out or owner's manuals that don't give any midi information.

Archived