Cheap Lights version of the Chauvet 4Bar

charlie13

• Members

Hey guys,

Although I have read a lot about the 4Bar and it's pros and cons, I'm still a little undecided about buying them. Pricing being one issue especially when I saw what Cheap Lights had to offer as its answer to the 4Bar. It's called the FabFour-F and costs $266. From what I have read it looks pretty good and freight costs are not nearly as phenomenal as some have said. If you want to see these lights, simply follow this link and you can decide for yourself. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Now, there are some differences between the 4Bar and the FabFour and they are covered very well in a thread posted in here a while back. I dont' remember where I saw the review but it's well worth finding and reading. I will try and find the review and post it later. In the meantime, however, I believe they're (FabFour) at least worth looking at especially at that price. If you're in a small group such as a duo (which I'm in) I think these lights would suffice. I wouldn't recommend these lights for larger groups such as a 4 to 8 piece band, but for my purposes I think they would do well. Before I pull the trigger on these lights, however, it would be good to get some feedback from you guys to see what you think.

Charlie

http://www.cheaplights.com/cart/page15.html

• Members

One comment about the 4Bar was it is not bright enough. The FabFour has 33% less diodes. It's going to be very dim.

This is very important to realize. One of the many reasons it's cheaper - other reason is the hefty shipping costs, other reason is that they don't have the support in place that Chauvet does. If you want a 4-bar style setup, buy the 4-bar from a Chauvet dealer who will give you a good price. For example, I'm sure that if you gave BillESC a call he'd be able to give you a great price. You could also ring up Northern Sound and Light for best price - they are a Chauvet dealer and consistently blow away other dealers' prices, but you have to keep in mind that their prices over the phone don't include shipping.

Archived