I'm thinking of upgrading from four 4-bars to new fixtures. Any advice?

• Members

I have a total of 16 fixtures (four 4-bars), but would like to go to tri or quad LEDs. If they're brighter, I could do 8 fixtures instead of 16. I'm leaning toward the slim type of design so pack space is less in the van.

How are the Chauvet Slimpar Pros? I'd rather err on the side of being too bright because I could always dim them down, rather than not having enough light when doing an outdoor gig.

I currently have 4 stands, so I'd put 2 on each - 2 stands in the back, and one on each side.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• Members

After trying a few different lights, and doing a lot of research, I bought six SlimPar Pro's for my band. I have had them for about six months. I love them. They are very bright. The construction is great and they just feel like a quality light, in my opinion.

I also have a couple Chauvet Slim Par Tri 7 IRC's. I like them as well. The construction is not as solid as with the Pro's, and obviously they are not near as bright, but the price is less than 1/2 of the Pro's. Depending on your needs and budget, I think the Pro's, Tri 7's, or Tri 12's are a great option.

• Members

The chauvet's are good fixtures. Also check out Blizzard's Puck Q/6A, it offers 6 - 10w RGBA Quad diodes. Big time brightness and excellent color pallette. They MAP for $ 249.00 but you can do better.

Bill, do you think that 8 of the Q/6A would be a big upgrade from the 16 fixtures in the 4Bar units? Or would it be advisable to bite the bullet and go for Q/12A?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I ended up getting 10 Q/12A pucks, and they're great fixtures! 1 unit out of the 10 was defective, tho. The green LEDs would always stay dimly lit. I sent the unit back to Blizzard, and hope to have a new one back before next weekend for the gig. The units themselves seem solidly built. I put them on T-bars to go on stands, and ordered some keyboard soft cases to carry fully assembled T-bars in. The keyboard cases are 56"x15.5"x6", and should be just the right size for a bar with 4 lights on it.

Can't wait to try these at the gig.

Archived