Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please check out my Fishbowl project at Kickstarter. Computer+Projector=light show!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please check out my Fishbowl project at Kickstarter. Computer+Projector=light show!

Hi everyone! A few weeks ago I started a little project to light our local coffeehouse shows. Now I've turned it into a Kickstarter project and I thought this group might find it interesting:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-for-any-venue

If you know anyone who does live music or theater, please pass the word!

Best,

Ben

Very very interesting.

A few concerns.... can you use your computer's screen to change settings, while the Fishbowl output stays on the projector? Don't want a Window popping up during performances.

Can the effects' borders be faded away so it doesn't give the sharp edge-of-screen problems? Kinda so the effect doesn't have a cut-off at the edges of the projector's frame of picture?

Otherwise, hellacool if you invest in a very bright projector.
    "Understanding that sentence meant he wasn't much of a chess player." - Abzurd

Winner of MYSTIC FX'S Most Metal Face, Early '09 Award

Eden WT550B, D212XLT-4 times two, D210XLT, SKB US Roto Rack 4U, USA-made X2 XDS-Plus, Korg DT-7 tuner, Tobias Killer B5, Ibanez Prestige SR1005EFM, world-famous custom rack mounted CUP HOLDER! For my BEER!

Comment

Hi Bryan,

Yes, if you set up your laptop with 2 screens ( as opposed to mirroring the screens, as I did in my video ) then you can have fishbowl on the projector but regular desktop on your computer monitor.

And yes, the edges of the image are faded away so the effects don't cut off abruptly.

Thanks for the nice comments!

-Ben

Comment

50% funded now, thanks!

Comment

good thinking!

multiple spotlights with various shades of amber and adjustable beam size would be cool for anyone trying to do a projector-only lighting project
          StudioLive 16.4.2 - Yorkville U15p - JTR Growler subs - Good Ears and Curious Mind

Comment

Pretty interesting!
            God(s) bless the rest of the world(s), too

Comment

Thanks everyone! Fishbowl was successfully funded on Kickstarter and is now available at my web store: http://www.benloftis.com/fishbowl.html

Comment

Working...
              X