Blizzard's new LED . . . Fab 5

BillESC

• Members

Blizzard steps up the competition with its' newest offering, the Puck Fab 5 scheduled to ship early November.

This flat style fixture features 7 x 15W five in one diodes offering RGBAW color mixing. This 5/9 channel fixture comes Wicicle enabled for wireless control and will be available for under $ 260.00 eek.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by BillESC View Post
Blizzard steps up the competition with its' newest offering, the Puck Fab 5 scheduled to ship early November.

This flat style fixture features 7 x 15W five in one diodes offering RGBAW color mixing. This 5/9 channel fixture comes Wicicle enabled for wireless control and will be available for under $ 260.00 eek.gif
Wow... That IS a nice fixture. As long as they don't "forget" my order this time around, I might purchase 6-8 of these.

Edit: Is there a product page for this fixture yet?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by BillESC View Post
The Q12+'s use 2.5w diodes and there are only six each of white and amber. The new Fab 5 uses 3w diodes and there are seven of each white and amber plus of course RGB.

I suspect the Fab 5's will be as bright if not brighter.
From their FaceBook announcement:
Ladies and gentlemen, meet the brand new Puck

• Moderators
Quote Originally Posted by Axisplayer View Post
Might actually be time for me to consider a revamped lighting rig. It is starting to get interesting....finally.
Maybe.

I played a show Sun night where the hired lighting company had Blizzard Q6As. They were just about completely useless, not nearly bright enough even 8 - 10 ft away from the performers. It would have to have been pitch black for them to have any effect. Outdoors in the city at night it never gets that dark.

Terry D.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by MrKnobs View Post
Maybe.

I played a show Sun night where the hired lighting company had Blizzard Q6As. They were just about completely useless, not nearly bright enough even 8 - 10 ft away from the performers. It would have to have been pitch black for them to have any effect. Outdoors in the city at night it never gets that dark.

Terry D.
You have to be kidding me!!! I have Q6A's and I have to be sure not to run them at full or the front line band members are blinded. My guess it the lighting company was running them at much less than full power...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by MrKnobs View Post
Maybe.

Terry D.
Terry, have you been able to do any of the photometric comparisons on LED and other fixtures that you were contemplating doing? Mark C.

• Moderators
Quote Originally Posted by Miko Man View Post
Terry, have you been able to do any of the photometric comparisons on LED and other fixtures that you were contemplating doing? Mark C.
I got sidetracked. I do have some Q12A's racked up in my studio main room, and some par 64 500w lamps. I have a watt meter and a lumen meter, so I guess there's nothing holding me back now. smile.gif

Terry D.

• Moderators
Quote Originally Posted by MFlanagan View Post
You have to be kidding me!!! I have Q6A's and I have to be sure not to run them at full or the front line band members are blinded. My guess it the lighting company was running them at much less than full power...
That's quite possible.

Terry D.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

In actuality, only a few manufacturers are building the Fab 5 fixture. It seems every manufacturer over there offers every other manufacturer's products as well as their own. All are trying to grab market share.

It takes a good deal of time and many visits to the factorys to get an understanding of the Chinese business model. Just because a web site says "We manufacture" doesn't mean that they do. They could be in an apartment running multiple web sites selling numerous product lines.

Archived