X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blizzard's new LED . . . Fab 5

Blizzard steps up the competition with its' newest offering, the Puck Fab 5 scheduled to ship early November.

This flat style fixture features 7 x 15W five in one diodes offering RGBAW color mixing. This 5/9 channel fixture comes Wicicle enabled for wireless control and will be available for under $ 260.00
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Thanks,<br><br><br><br> Bill Cronheim<br><br>Back stage since 1973<br>For Sale: 1 - KV2 EX12 and 1 - KV2 EX2.2</div>

Might actually be time for me to consider a revamped lighting rig. It is starting to get interesting....finally.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by BillESC
      View Post

Blizzard steps up the competition with its' newest offering, the Puck Fab 5 scheduled to ship early November.

This flat style fixture features 7 x 15W five in one diodes offering RGBAW color mixing. This 5/9 channel fixture comes Wicicle enabled for wireless control and will be available for under $ 260.00

Wow... That IS a nice fixture. As long as they don't "forget" my order this time around, I might purchase 6-8 of these.

Edit: Is there a product page for this fixture yet?
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><font face="Tahoma">Boston Common Band - <a href="http://www.BostonCommonBand.com" target="_blank">Boston Wedding Bands</a></font></b><font face="Tahoma"><br><b><font color="DarkRed">Sound</font></b>: <font size="1">DB Tech DVA T4's with RCF TTS18a Subs | QSC Wideline GP218 Sub for Big Events | RCF TT08a &amp; RCF ART710a Monitors</font><br><b><font color="DarkRed">Rack</font></b>: <font size="1">A&amp;H QU16 | (2) Summit Audio TLA-50 Tube Compressors | QSC PLX3602 | Furman P2400AR Voltage Regulators</font><br><b><font color="DarkRed">Lighting</font></b>: <font size="1">(8) Blizzard HOTBOX's | (2) Blizzard Weather Systems | (2) Chauvet Eclipse RGB + ADJ Hypnotic RGB &amp; Royal 3D Lasers | (4) QSpot360 Moving Heads</font><br><b><a href="http://www.BostonCommonBand.com" target="_blank"><font size="1">Newport RI Wedding Bands</font></a></b></font><br><b><font color="DarkBlue">For Sale</font></b>: <font size="2"><a href="http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Live-Gear/FS-Rack-Gear-Tube-Compressors-and-Mackie-Quad-EQ/m-p/35983107#U35983107">Rack Gear : Tube Compressors (Live/Studio) and Mackie Quad EQ!</a></font></div>

Comment

The page will be up in the next couple of weeks. They're going to get the photometric data from a random fixture off of the production run.
        <div class="signaturecontainer">Thanks,<br><br><br><br> Bill Cronheim<br><br>Back stage since 1973<br>For Sale: 1 - KV2 EX12 and 1 - KV2 EX2.2</div>

Comment

Oh No! It might be time to upgrade. But when my wife finds out, where will I live?

Comment

So at 105W for the Fab 5 vs 120W for the Q+, any comments on relative brightness of the 2 fixtures?

It would be nice to have more brightness from the amber LEDs, but not at the expense of r,g, or b.
            <div class="signaturecontainer">Moe<br><br>---<br><br>It puts the SINES in the basket, or else it gets the hose again.<br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://www.hotrodmotm.com">http://www.hotrodmotm.com</a></div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by TrickDog
              View Post

Oh No! It might be time to upgrade. But when my wife finds out, where will I live?

Somewhere BRIGHT and COLORFUL...

Comment

The Q12+'s use 2.5w diodes and there are only six each of white and amber. The new Fab 5 uses 3w diodes and there are seven of each white and amber plus of course RGB.

I suspect the Fab 5's will be as bright if not brighter.

Comment

So doing the math:

Q+ has 30W each of R, G, B, plus 15W each for W and A.

Fab 5 has 21W each of R, G, B, plus 21W each for W and A.
                  <div class="signaturecontainer">Moe<br><br>---<br><br>It puts the SINES in the basket, or else it gets the hose again.<br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://www.hotrodmotm.com">http://www.hotrodmotm.com</a></div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by BillESC
                    View Post

The Q12+'s use 2.5w diodes and there are only six each of white and amber. The new Fab 5 uses 3w diodes and there are seven of each white and amber plus of course RGB.

I suspect the Fab 5's will be as bright if not brighter.

From their FaceBook announcement:

Ladies and gentlemen, meet the brand new Puck
                    <div class="signaturecontainer">Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. -Will Rogers<br><br><a href="http://facebook.com/SpitShineRocks" target="_blank">http://facebook.com/SpitShineRocks</a></div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Axisplayer
                      View Post

Might actually be time for me to consider a revamped lighting rig. It is starting to get interesting....finally.

Maybe.

I played a show Sun night where the hired lighting company had Blizzard Q6As. They were just about completely useless, not nearly bright enough even 8 - 10 ft away from the performers. It would have to have been pitch black for them to have any effect. Outdoors in the city at night it never gets that dark.

Terry D.
                      Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnobs
                        View Post

Maybe.

I played a show Sun night where the hired lighting company had Blizzard Q6As. They were just about completely useless, not nearly bright enough even 8 - 10 ft away from the performers. It would have to have been pitch black for them to have any effect. Outdoors in the city at night it never gets that dark.

Terry D.

You have to be kidding me!!! I have Q6A's and I have to be sure not to run them at full or the front line band members are blinded. My guess it the lighting company was running them at much less than full power...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnobs
                          View Post

Maybe.

Terry D.

Terry, have you been able to do any of the photometric comparisons on LED and other fixtures that you were contemplating doing? Mark C.
                          "Good tools are expensive. Cheap tools are damned expensive."

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Miko Man
                            View Post

Terry, have you been able to do any of the photometric comparisons on LED and other fixtures that you were contemplating doing? Mark C.

I got sidetracked. I do have some Q12A's racked up in my studio main room, and some par 64 500w lamps. I have a watt meter and a lumen meter, so I guess there's nothing holding me back now.

Terry D.
                            Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by MFlanagan
                              View Post

You have to be kidding me!!! I have Q6A's and I have to be sure not to run them at full or the front line band members are blinded. My guess it the lighting company was running them at much less than full power...

That's quite possible.

Terry D.

Comment

Working...
                              X