Auto Follow Lights?

Hlbly1969

• Members

Since the search engine is down according to the announcements, does anyone know of a product that would allow a moving head spot light to automatically follow someone around the stage?

I thought I read a post on here once that had talked about a wireless system that would clip to someone and a motor would automatically follow that person.

Ideally what I would like to find is a device that would transmit the DMX position values to the software and the DMX light would adjust where it is shining based on the current position of the person wearing a transmitter? Hope all that makes sense.

Not even sure if such a product exists but would really be nice if there was one.

Thanks

Bill

• Members

The only system that people even consider using for this is Wybron Autopilot. We won't even go in to how much that costs, but feel free to look it up if you want to. You won't even consider the possibility of purchasing it. Plus, it adds a massive amount of time to setup, and really only works well in fixed installations or touring setups that are precisely the same night after night (same height, grid dimensions, etc with an insanely small margin of error).

• 3 years later...

Archived