Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your next upgrade?

Just curious what everyone's next upgrade to their lighting rig would/will be?

As some might have read, mine is on it's way.... new truss and crank stands.... American DJ/Duratruss Light Bridge One system.

My other future upgrades will hopefully include a new hazer, new controller (hardware or computer based), perhaps more wireless DMX wicicles.

My immediate upgrade goals:

4 more Blizzard 3NX
    4 more Chauvet pinspot 360

To fill out my 20' truss.

Then after that, upgrade my scanners to moving heads. I'm thinking Chauvet 260's

And maybe a hazer. I'll see how I do with the smoke machine.
    NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

• mate_stubb
      mate_stubb commented
      Editing a comment

I have 8 Q12+ on 2 T stands. Next I want 2 more stands (crank), 4 mover/scanners, and a hazer.

This week brought 4 more Q12a lights so I have to lay low for a little while.  Might actually unbox the Show Designer 1 I bought 2 years ago and program it. 

Comment

The more I think about it, the more Chauvet LED 300 scanners make more sense. The size, weight make a difference and the ability to punch through with the brightness.

Hmm
      NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

• mate_stubb
        mate_stubb commented
        Editing a comment

StratGuy22 wrote:
        The more I think about it, the more Chauvet LED 300 scanners make more sense. The size, weight make a difference and the ability to punch through with the brightness.

Hmm

This seems to be the way I am headed also. Not too big, not to small - just right. If I could wish for anything else it would be that the prism rotated.

wiCICLEs to replace these crap SIRS-E wireless units. Then some Intimidator 300 scanners and a Magic 260 controller.

Comment

I think I does....

http://youtu.be/-lGQOl2621c
        NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

• mate_stubb
          mate_stubb commented
          Editing a comment

StratGuy22 wrote:
          I think I does....

http://youtu.be/-lGQOl2621c

I see gobos rotating but not the prism. Also, the DMX table seems to indicate that it does not:

Prism

000-003   Open
          004-255   Stop, static prism effect

Close enough for rock and roll though! 

• Miko Man
          Miko Man commented
          Editing a comment
          My "upgrade" will be to start buying my own lighting fixtures.... Blizzard Fab 5 looks like a decent value for a full color wash light. (I want basic lighting for public speaking events before I get eye candy.). Mark C.

Yeah. Moving prism would be nice. I'm just not crazy about 40 - 65lbs per fixture to get it...
        NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

• soundlight
          soundlight commented
          Editing a comment

That is a downside to the featureset of the Scan LED 300 - the prism does not rotate.  The only fixtures in the Intimidator LED range to have a rotating prism are the Spot LED 350 and the new Spot LED 450.  The Spot LED 350 is only 22.7lbs, but the pricetag is a bit heftier than the Scan LED 300, and the fixture is significantly less compact & easy to find a case for.

Working...
      X