Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

What's your next upgrade?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your next upgrade?

Just curious what everyone's next upgrade to their lighting rig would/will be?

As some might have read, mine is on it's way.... new truss and crank stands.... American DJ/Duratruss Light Bridge One system.

My other future upgrades will hopefully include a new hazer, new controller (hardware or computer based), perhaps more wireless DMX wicicles.

My immediate upgrade goals:

4 more Blizzard 3NX
    4 more Chauvet pinspot 360

To fill out my 20' truss.

Then after that, upgrade my scanners to moving heads. I'm thinking Chauvet 260's

And maybe a hazer. I'll see how I do with the smoke machine.
    NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

• mate_stubb
      mate_stubb commented
      Editing a comment

I have 8 Q12+ on 2 T stands. Next I want 2 more stands (crank), 4 mover/scanners, and a hazer.

This week brought 4 more Q12a lights so I have to lay low for a little while.  Might actually unbox the Show Designer 1 I bought 2 years ago and program it. 

Comment

The more I think about it, the more Chauvet LED 300 scanners make more sense. The size, weight make a difference and the ability to punch through with the brightness.

Hmm
      NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

• mate_stubb
        mate_stubb commented
        Editing a comment

StratGuy22 wrote:
        The more I think about it, the more Chauvet LED 300 scanners make more sense. The size, weight make a difference and the ability to punch through with the brightness.

Hmm

This seems to be the way I am headed also. Not too big, not to small - just right. If I could wish for anything else it would be that the prism rotated.

wiCICLEs to replace these crap SIRS-E wireless units. Then some Intimidator 300 scanners and a Magic 260 controller.

Comment

I think I does....

http://youtu.be/-lGQOl2621c
        NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

• mate_stubb
          mate_stubb commented
          Editing a comment

StratGuy22 wrote:
          I think I does....

http://youtu.be/-lGQOl2621c

I see gobos rotating but not the prism. Also, the DMX table seems to indicate that it does not:

Prism

000-003   Open
          004-255   Stop, static prism effect

Close enough for rock and roll though! 

• Miko Man
          Miko Man commented
          Editing a comment
          My "upgrade" will be to start buying my own lighting fixtures.... Blizzard Fab 5 looks like a decent value for a full color wash light. (I want basic lighting for public speaking events before I get eye candy.). Mark C.

Yeah. Moving prism would be nice. I'm just not crazy about 40 - 65lbs per fixture to get it...
        NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

• soundlight
          soundlight commented
          Editing a comment

That is a downside to the featureset of the Scan LED 300 - the prism does not rotate.  The only fixtures in the Intimidator LED range to have a rotating prism are the Spot LED 350 and the new Spot LED 450.  The Spot LED 350 is only 22.7lbs, but the pricetag is a bit heftier than the Scan LED 300, and the fixture is significantly less compact & easy to find a case for.

Working...
      X