Martin mini Mac profile vs Chauvet intimidator 300.

StratGuy22

• Members

The Mini Mac Profile requires a lamp that runs around $80 or so (if I remember right), only runs for around 750 hours, and gets dimmer over that short lifespan.  I think that the Mini Mac Profile would be more equivalent to the Intimidator Spot LED 250 in both output and beam angle - the Mini Mac has a narrow 17 degree beam angle which means less coverage.  It also shares the manual focus lens of the Spot LED 250, meaning that you can't change the focus of gobos or the edge of the beam remotely for hard or soft gobos or for focuses at different distances in a room.  Given the current availability of LED fixtures I don't think that anyone should be considering discharge fixtures for low wattage movers!

• Members

StratGuy22 wrote:

Ah hell this info is a bit late. I picked up 3 and was going to get a 4th.

eBay FTL lol

So you can still have fun with them! They look like a fun fixture. And really, how many shows is 750hrs? Unless you're doing tour stuff where it's up and down every night of the year you'll probably get alot of use outta them.

StratGuy22 wrote:

Ah hell this info is a bit late. I picked up 3 and was going to get a 4th.

eBay FTL lol

• Members

There's a local "Arts Guild" which is our old police/firehall that's been renovated, after a new police station and seperate fire hall buildings were built.

They've converted the 3 bay fire truck garage into a sort of stage/dance studio kind of area. I've provided for a couple events there. Once I get the Mac minis, I want to rent that area with some pipe and drape at the back for a few hours. Then I'll set up and take some good video and pics for my company website. I'll put together various configurations, 10' 15' and 20' truss, loaded up with video for each.

And at the same time I can program 3 banks of scenes, one for each truss length. Then whatever I choose, I'll have 100 different presets that just need a bit of fine tuning at each gig.

Money well spent, or I might be able to work something out, since again, I provide for a few gigs here & there.

Archived