Need some suggestions from everyone

hornplayer

• Members

Going to be lighting a fashion show. :smileyhappy: Stage 24' X 16' and a runway, off downstage center 48 long'.

I think I've got the stage covered. I have 3 Blizzard stormchasers and 8 Blizzard Q12RGBA Pucks. Also a couple of Martin 518 scanners. Will do ok lighting front and back. It's the runway that's the problem. I will use 4 truss archways 10' high by six feet wide, 10' apart. What I would like to do is use par 38 non LED cans to light the runway. Problem is I don't know what bulb/gel to use.

I need a bright "white" light. I went to Lowes and bought a Par 38 (70 watt) halogen spot bulb to put in a standard Par 38 can. The spot part was right and the brightness (1300 lumins) was pretty good. It's the light color that isn't quite right. The light has a "yellow' tint to it. I need it white. Like stark florescent light white. (The clothes designers don't like a lot of color. They want their clothes to show "true" color. Also need to keep the photographers and videographers happy.

So I'm wondering if anyone has some suggestions on a bulb, or gel that can crisp that halogen light up to white, or a bright white bulb.

I realize I can go out and buy Blizzard raygun fixtures, or the like, but they are specialized lights and I don't have a real need for them.

Another 8 Q12's can be done too, but they are a bit too much wash and buying that many lights for a 1 off show doesn't make much sense either.

I'm going to try and pull this off with just straight par 38 cans. (I have a bunch of those). But I need to put the right bulb and or gel on them. (got to light them purty girls up properly don't cha know. :smileywink:

Thanks in advance for the replies.

John H 

• Members

For the bridal shows I do (for the marital-industrial complex) we typically are just using 1000 watt zoom fixtures (Strand) and 750 watt ERS instruments (Altman) for the FOH runway. (Old skool lighting, purchased before Source 4 instruments were even available.) No gel, no frost. Standard three color, three position overhead wash on the stage itself.

Maybe some light or steel blue (R 51?) to color correct a bit? Blue helps whites "pop" out a bit. Mark C.

Archived