No announcement yet.

New light rig in the Hizzay!!!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice.

I'm just digging into DMXIS now. Getting a grip on it.

PA Unity15's over LS800p's. YX15's, YX12's IPR power, RM32AI

LightsMartin Minimac Profiles, Chauvet Intimidator Spot Duos, Blizzard 3NX, Fab5, Hotbox

Comment

The learning curve for DMXis is pretty short. very simple to use.
      Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. -Will Rogershttp://facebook.com/SpitShineRocks

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Mutha Goose
        View Post

The learning curve for DMXis is pretty short. very simple to use.

Agreed!!

However, I just discovered that there is a maximum number of presets allowed per bank...

Did not expect that... I can save new presets in a bank, but, I can't access them unless I delete existing ones first...

Comment

how many? I haven't found this yet.
          Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. -Will Rogershttp://facebook.com/SpitShineRocks

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Mutha Goose
            View Post

how many? I haven't found this yet.

I just counted 98 or 99 scenes I have in my main bank... Perhaps 100 is the limit...

Like I said, I was able to make them, and save them, but when I went to use them, I couldn't until I deleted one or two others...

Comment

Ok, I sat down and figured out DMXIS.

The main problem for me, was the difference in fixture assignment between the Obey70 and DMXIS. No problem after I figured that out.

Here's a quick video. The room isn't deep enough to really get back far enough. I might change to the end of the room if I get ambitious enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHEVx6Qa5xw

LightsMartin Minimac Profiles, Chauvet Intimidator Spot Duos, Blizzard 3NX, Fab5, Hotbox

Comment

Scanner fun:

Comment

nice.... just wait till you discover how cool it is using the oscillator controls on both the LED Pars and the movers/scanners... :-)

BTW: I like the circluar pattern of the individual LEDs in those fixtures so much better than the silly snowflake pattern of those in mine...

Comment

Yeah the LED pattern of the 3NX was one of the main deciding factors. I wasn't crazy about the star pattern or the 9LED 3x3 box.

I need a better fog machine. One that will really kick it out, along with DMX control. Next on the list is figuring out how to add a MIDI footswitch, and iPad control via TouchOSC

Comment

Christmas came a day early. My four Fab5's arrived!! Stoked to use them for NYE! I have oscillators and the foot controller figured out. I'll have eight 3NX's on this truss instead of 6. One on each end.

Got playing with the oscillators. I just did a static scene, then moving, then static, then moving etc. also got the foot controller working, but the iPad control still has me stymied. But that's ok for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8LdfCV6cPQ

Now my rig is complete until I make enough to upgrade to 4 moving heads, and possibly 4 more 3NX's.

Comment

I have two pinspots nice to see them with an actual controller in action, Nice rig btw

Comment

Thanks. I had 2 as well to begin with. They just kinda freak out by themselves and I thought of maybe selling them. Once I got a DMX controller, I seen that they are actually a pretty decent little fixture for the money, so I took a chance and bought 4 more.

My original plan was to go with eight 3NX's and 2 Chauvet 6spot. But I kinda opted for the intimidators etc instead, get some movement going.

Comment

Look'n real good.

Comment

Thanks. I like those moving heads. Liked the idea of the Blizzard Blades, but for $150ish more the 250's have the gobos etc which are nice as well...

Comment

...someone's got GAS....

...and a bad case of it too!

Comment

Working...
                                X