Right Controller

• Members

So ive decided to go with another set of the Color Palletes, ive found some good deals on the Ebay and ordered 2 more for a set of 4. Im going to use a couple 38s up front for face light and the palletes for stage wash. What would be the best controller to get the most out of these fixtures?? Should i just buy an entec dongle and use freestyler? or go with a physical controller? id like to get the full 27 channels out of each one to be able to create some custom fades of color across my truss. Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Derek

• Members

StratGuy22 wrote:

Now with touchOSC configured, I can hand my phone or an iPod touch to a friend and they can control the lights.

I have only played with TouchOsc a little bit and wasn't quite sure it will be what I want. Maybe I'll play wih that a little more seeing as I already have so much time invested in DMXis already... Is it fast and responsive enough? 

• Members

THe more i research, i like the idea of DMXIS because i can program it to use a foot pedal to change scenes natively. This is important to me to be able to move through the stage washes back and forth and scenes with my feet. Something tells me that might be cumbersome with enttec's lower end USB interfaces.

Archived