Chauvet QSpot 360 vs Blizzard Torrent F3

dcastar

• Members

Hi guys...

I'm looking at picking up another pair of moving heads for placing on a set of truss totems.  We've had great luck with our QSpot260's for the past couple years, so their replacement, 360 model is of high interest.

Then again, Blizzard always has some compelling products.

Curious on people's experience with these fixtures...

On paper:

Qspot 360Torrent F3
LED Type3x10w LED1x50w LED
Lux at 5m11001400
Rotating Gobo Wheel 17 gobos7 gobos
Gobo Wheel 28 gobos + open9 gobos + open
FocusYesYes
Rotating PrismYesYes
Size13x10.6x19.611.5x12x17.5
Weight22lbs26lb

• Members

You can still buy 260s on eBay, so I'd buy more of them.  You want gobo & color wheel consistency, and when programming, programming things for two different kinds of fixtures is a lot more annoying and difficult than programming for one kind of fixture.  For a good, consistent show, get more 260s.  They're a great fixture and have been extraordinarily reliable in my experience, with the only problem I've seen being a tilt belt breaking (easy replacement by anyone who knows how to take the yoke cover off) from a fixture thet gets beat up weekend after weekend for 8 hours a night in a club.

• Members

DJStevieRay wrote:

It depends on if weight or brightness is more important to you.  The QSpot 360 is not as bright as your 260's, so if I were you I would stick with your QSpot 260's, you are not really gaining anything with either fixture.

Hello Stevie,

Unfortunately, that's just plain false information.

Qspot360 = 1100 lux @ 5m

Qspot260 = 750 lux @ 5m

Archived