Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scanner vs mover

Chauvet Intimidator Scan LED 300 vs Intimidator Spot LED 250 - 60W vs 40W, yet the slightly narrower beam 40W mover specs out as twice as bright as the scanner.

Has anyone compared these two fixtures? Comments?

Moe---It puts the SINES in the basket, or else it gets the hose again.http://www.hotrodmotm.com

Nope, but I'm definitely interested in this thread!
    NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

I've used neither but if your question is regarding the difference between a moving mirror and a moving head then that's reasonably easy.

Moving mirrors are very fast and were the bread and butter of the club generation (the rave generation) over here in the Uk (and Europe). The other notable difference is that it's only the mirror that moves rather than jostling around the whole fixture all the time. Whether this made them more reliable or not I don't know. I suspect it did most of the time.

I always preferred moving mirrors but maybe that's because they were pretty much the only option we had back then so we got all precious about them. I can't honestly remember the last time I saw one in a professional environment.

Oh. And if you have custom gobo's remember to put them in back to front.. .png" alt=":smileywink:" title="Smiley Wink" />

"(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P

Comment

• mate_stubb
        mate_stubb commented
        Editing a comment

Yeah, I knew about the speed difference but I play in a band, and beams whipping around is not really a look I am fond of. 

Can anyone else comment about the brightness specs vs the LED power?

Scan LED 300 60W,  21 degree beam angle, 2850 lux @ 2m

Spot LED 250 40W, 17 degree beam angle, 5970 lux @ 2m

Is it better optics on the Spot? 

It's the physical size of the 350's I don't care for. Just so big!

That's what she said!! Haha
      NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

Comment

• mate_stubb
          mate_stubb commented
          Editing a comment

Revisiting this - I'm still convinced that the chauvet scanner 300s are the way to go for a small/medium band stage - but have been really liking the vids of their barrel scanner too.

If you were doing 4 fixtures, would you choose 4 of the scanner 300s, or 2 scanners and 2 barrel 300s? 

You can do quite a bit with 4 scanners.

NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

That would be a good idea. A little sponge block with a slit, just just kinda hold it in place.
          NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

Working...
          X