X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on the Chauvet Data Stream 4 DMX Splitter

I am looking for a reasonably priced DMX splitter.  I really want something that is 3 pin in and 4 outputs that are all 3 pin as well.  This is the only piece I have found that meet those requirements.  Any other suggestions or is the Chauvet going to serve my needs?

This piece looks interesting to me also - seems more convenient than stringing 4 trees together serially, and a lot less expensive than wireless.

Moe---It puts the SINES in the basket, or else it gets the hose again.http://www.hotrodmotm.com

Comment

• bigjd
      bigjd commented
      Editing a comment

mate_stubb wrote:

This piece looks interesting to me also - seems more convenient than stringing 4 trees together serially, and a lot less expensive than wireless.

http://www.enttec.com/?main_menu=Products&pn=70572

How about this one. Have some experience with this one works great.

The Enttec would require 5 pin to 3 pin adaptors on the input and 2 of the outputs.  I fear doing that would add potential failure points or more things that can potentiall get ost, or left behind.  looks like the Chauvet may be the ticket.  Thanks for the help!

Comment

• BillESC
      BillESC commented
      Editing a comment

Another option is Blizzards new Pipeline featuring both 3 and 5 pin inputs and 8 - 3 pin outputs in a rack mounted format.  It's only a few dollars more than the 4 channel Chauvet offering.

I have used this DMX splitter for about a year.  It is great.  It makes it much easier to trace any problems you may have in your lighting rig.  Based on your posting, it would meet all of your requirements.  Quality seems pretty good as well.  

Comment

• J-L-B
      J-L-B commented
      Editing a comment

Anyone break the 32 fixture rule yet??

DMX512 is a bus network no more than 1,200 metres (3,900 ft) long, with not more than 32 devices on a single bus. If more than 32 devices need to communicate, the network can be expanded across parallel buses using DMX splitters. 

Working...
X