New Truss and Stands

drummer762

• Members

Today I decided to finally go ahead and order a new rear truss with cranking stands, ordered the American DJ Duratruss Light Bridge One system. I've been using the LS7730 Onstage truss (basic 10ft I-truss and stands w/T-bars) and while there is nothing wrong with it, it just seems to be a pain in the **bleep** to use and my shoulder still isn't feeling right after having pulled some muscles in it while setting the truss up for a Thanksgiving Eve show. Hoping the new system will not only make it easier for me to set up myself but possibly go up quicker and maybe even take up less space in my car.

Has anyone used this system and what do you think of it?

Normally I'd ask first, then order, but I'm getting a super deal on it and had to either place the order today or wait a while to get it. Thanks!

• Members

StratGuy22 wrote:

Nice!! Once you crank it up once, you'll wonder why you didn't start off with crank stands!

I had been avoiding using the elcheapo truss for the longest time, only really used it for a handful of shows. Many times I would just use 3 tripods for the rear lighting, and they haven't been much of an issue to move up manually. Just seems lately it's been problematic to try to use a tripod stand behind the drummer in some of the venues. The last few shows I did, I had to set up after the band already had their gear set up, and it is just way too tough for me to do it by myself. 

I won't have the truss in time for this coming Saturdays show, but hoping that I will be able to use it for the following Saturday night. 

• Members

Robsco wrote:

Works well just try not to be too disappointed when you see how dinky the truss is

I know it is a smaller triangle truss, but have you found it to be too small to really use? Is there a larger truss that would work with the stands and truss adaptors?

Archived