X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lighting around drum kit

Those of you in bands how do you add some "flash' around the kit. I was thinking some simple par 38s and an ol chaser, any ideas out there?

AlmostThereMaine wrote:

Those of you in bands how do you add some "flash' around the kit. I was thinking some simple par 38s and an ol chaser, any ideas out there?

I use 2 colorstrip mini's as up lighting around our drummer.

DON'T BE ALARMED!!! REMAIN CALM!!!!!!!!!
    There's nothing to see here. It's another day in IDAHO!!!

My bands Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/stiff.richard

Comment

• BillESC
      BillESC commented
      Editing a comment

A couple of inexpensive LED pars will give you a world of colors and effects.

• hornplayer
      hornplayer commented
      Editing a comment

+1 on the Chauvet mini color strips. Pointing up and fade to the different colors.

Great uplighting and looks really good for break lighting.

I've gotten some amazing looks with a couple small fixtures clamped to the cymbal stands pointed up in to the cymbals.  Throws light all around the room.  I think a pair of ADJ Micro Wash RGBWs clamped to the kit and focused up would be pretty nice flash.  Just make sure to get the right size O-Clamps to attatch to your cymbal stands.

Professional Moving Light Technician and Lighting Director
    Author of the Basic Band Lighting Guide

Comment

One band had a small multi light led setup on each side of the drums pointing up. Looked pretty good!

NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

• AlmostThereMaine
        AlmostThereMaine commented
        Editing a comment

ThAT was what i was gunna do 2 tbars, 4 par 38s a side laying on the floor pointing up and on a chaser, i need the movement, just looking for the best bang for the buck, yet the easiest to setup.

We used 3-4 chauvet colorpalettes uplighting the kit. One left and right of kit shining up to kit and cymbols, and 1 in front of kick , shining towards kick, center toms and any cymbols. Literally makes it glow.

Comment

• AlmostThereMaine
        Editing a comment
        That's A really cool idea! Out of my budget but really cool! I love the color palettes I have 4 and they wash the whole stage nicely, really set off the finishes, just wanted something to segregate him and create some movement.

I believe that's what the drummer had around his kit, one on each side. Not DMX, but sound activated. It worked pretty good. And at that price I think I'll pick up a pair of them for exactly that reason!
      NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

Do it like queen. Lights all around the riser in platforms
        <div class="signaturecontainer">Proud Member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)</div>

Comment

• AlmostThereMaine
          Editing a comment
          Maybe a trip to guitar center is in order. I hate that place but its the only place you can test drive a fixture and play with it.

Working...
      X