Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

lighting around drum kit

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lighting around drum kit

Those of you in bands how do you add some "flash' around the kit. I was thinking some simple par 38s and an ol chaser, any ideas out there?

AlmostThereMaine wrote:

Those of you in bands how do you add some "flash' around the kit. I was thinking some simple par 38s and an ol chaser, any ideas out there?

I use 2 colorstrip mini's as up lighting around our drummer.

DON'T BE ALARMED!!! REMAIN CALM!!!!!!!!!
    There's nothing to see here. It's another day in IDAHO!!!

My bands Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/stiff.richard

Comment

• BillESC
      BillESC commented
      Editing a comment

A couple of inexpensive LED pars will give you a world of colors and effects.

• hornplayer
      hornplayer commented
      Editing a comment

+1 on the Chauvet mini color strips. Pointing up and fade to the different colors.

Great uplighting and looks really good for break lighting.

I've gotten some amazing looks with a couple small fixtures clamped to the cymbal stands pointed up in to the cymbals.  Throws light all around the room.  I think a pair of ADJ Micro Wash RGBWs clamped to the kit and focused up would be pretty nice flash.  Just make sure to get the right size O-Clamps to attatch to your cymbal stands.

Professional Moving Light Technician and Lighting Director
    Author of the Basic Band Lighting Guide

Comment

One band had a small multi light led setup on each side of the drums pointing up. Looked pretty good!

NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

• AlmostThereMaine
        AlmostThereMaine commented
        Editing a comment

ThAT was what i was gunna do 2 tbars, 4 par 38s a side laying on the floor pointing up and on a chaser, i need the movement, just looking for the best bang for the buck, yet the easiest to setup.

We used 3-4 chauvet colorpalettes uplighting the kit. One left and right of kit shining up to kit and cymbols, and 1 in front of kick , shining towards kick, center toms and any cymbols. Literally makes it glow.

Comment

• AlmostThereMaine
        Editing a comment
        That's A really cool idea! Out of my budget but really cool! I love the color palettes I have 4 and they wash the whole stage nicely, really set off the finishes, just wanted something to segregate him and create some movement.

I believe that's what the drummer had around his kit, one on each side. Not DMX, but sound activated. It worked pretty good. And at that price I think I'll pick up a pair of them for exactly that reason!
      NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

Do it like queen. Lights all around the riser in platforms
        <div class="signaturecontainer">Proud Member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)</div>

Comment

• AlmostThereMaine
          Editing a comment
          Maybe a trip to guitar center is in order. I hate that place but its the only place you can test drive a fixture and play with it.

Working...
      X