Persistence With A Chauvet Warranty

Voltage55

• Members

In January of 2012 I bought a Chauvet Haze 2D.  The problems started with a leaky tank and regressed from there.  This hazer actually spent more time in the shop getting repaired, than it was in use last year.  I was amazed at their resistance to just switch out the defective unit with one that worked.  Answering questions such as "Are you using the correct fluid?", was maddening.

Finally last week I just received a brand new unit that seems to be working fine. (for now)  Morale of the story?  Squeeky wheel gets the grease.  Never ease up on those situations if you know you're right.

• Members

I sent it back directly to Chauvet in Florida.  I would say 3 or 4 times.  Originally they sent me a part to make repairs.  It fixed the original problem, but then the rest of the machine went to hell.  There were times they couldn't even get me a correct shipping label.  The last time they sent me a different unit other than my oringinal one.  It was even more damaged and expensive to fix than the hazer I had.

I can't say enough good things about my dealer.  He's the one who finally stepped in and helped get the situation resolved.

• Members

I currently have almost exclusive Chauvet products in my light rig.  Since I got into this lighting stuff in late 2009 I have used their service department several times always with great service / results.  And unlike American DJ, they always covered the shipping both ways.  My only complaint would be that they don't return calls as quick as I would like.

A Par 38 Tri went out, would not power up.  Sent to Florida; sent back fixed in less than 2 weeks. 

Blue LED's went out on a 200b; fixed in less than 2 weeks.

Pan sensor went out of a Qspot 160; fixed in less than 2 weeks

A second Par 38 Tri would not power up; could not be fixed or replaced; sent me 2 slim par 56's as a replacement; could probably sell them for about $150 for the pair;  Only paid $49 for the par 38 Tri.  Can't complain about that.

• Members

I too have used several Chauvet products over the years.  Some have been outstanding.  Others have been crap.  Nature of the business I guess.

Hopefully my problems revolved more around the individual I had to deal with rather than the company culture as a whole.  But that could be wishful thinking.

Archived