Pattern charts for lasers

trevcda

• Members

I seem to have a thing for lasers lately and have picked up a Chauvet Lazer Scan, a pair of ADJ Tri-Images and just yesterday a Chauvet Scorpion Sky, which is the effect I was looking for when I bought the others.   So I think I'm probably set for laser now.

Something that bothers me about the documentation of all of these fixtures is that it will tell a DMX channel that controls X number of patterns, but nowhere is there an actual chart of those patterns.  Kind of like a gobo/color chart you see for other fixtures.  Drives me nuts.  I suppose eventually you just figure out where the ones you like are, but would it kill them to just include it?  Any ideas why they don't?

• Members

trevcda wrote:

I seem to have a thing for lasers lately and have picked up a Chauvet Lazer Scan, a pair of ADJ Tri-Images and just yesterday a Chauvet Scorpion Sky, which is the effect I was looking for when I bought the others.   So I think I'm probably set for laser now.

Something that bothers me about the documentation of all of these fixtures is that it will tell a DMX channel that controls X number of patterns, but nowhere is there an actual chart of those patterns.  Kind of like a gobo/color chart you see for other fixtures.  Drives me nuts.  I suppose eventually you just figure out where the ones you like are, but would it kill them to just include it?  Any ideas why they don't?

Cause Chauvet didn't get the programs from the Chinese manufacturer I'm guessing therefore cannot pass it onto you! I question if they even do any of the engineering or the programming of the fixures as well. I think they buy a million units, rebox it, rewrite the manual in proper grammer, put a sticker on it and out the door.....

• Members

nchangin wrote:

Cause Chauvet didn't get the programs from the Chinese manufacturer I'm guessing therefore cannot pass it onto you! I question if they even do any of the engineering or the programming of the fixures as well. I think they buy a million units, rebox it, rewrite the manual in proper grammer, put a sticker on it and out the door.....

Seems like they could take an hour to run one and observe with their own eyes, then write it down. Duh.

Archived