Just got my first LED system up and running

SoundBob

• Members

I have been reading this forum for a long time waiting for the right time to pull the trigger and go LED after fighting for years trying to find extra power to run our Par 64's and 56's.

After many agonizing hours, I purchased 8 Puck 3NX's (got a GREAT deal from an online site), 2 Colorstrips, an Obey 40 and some new stands with cases. I was very concerned about programming DMX and setting up a midi foot controller, but it was much easier than I thought it would be. After one weekend, I have all my scenes setup and the midi working excellent. It is ready for a show coming up.

I just wanted to thank all of the help the you have provided others that benefited me as well.

Now I need to find a home for all of the old stuff before my wife kills me.

• Members

Yes I broke more bulbs when they were stll too hot to move that I want to count. Also carried a generator to some gigs just for the lights. Too much work.

I think Craigslist would be a good start. I have 4 Par 64's, 4 Par 56's, 4 Par 46's, 8 Par 38's, plus 2 4 channel dimmer packs, 2 3 channel switching packs, controller and foot switch to unload. Hopefully they can be reused or maybe a donation to a local charity may be in order. It's not the money, it's the space they take up that my wife hates.

• Members

Nice!! I love my 3NX's. I know exactly how you feel. All last year my plan was to move to LED's in 2013. Finally I bit the bullet and went for it. I LOVE the fact that each light can be so many colors. Before my blue light was blue, the red light was red, etc.

Now they can all be the same,different, whatever!

:)

Archived