X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless DMX

I'm new to HC although I have followed some threads a long-time ago. I want to get some opinions on hooking up my dmx lighting. I have 4 light T stands - 2 stands have 4 RGBA Pucks each and the other 2 stands have 1 Zipper (bought them from Bill ESC) on them. In the past I've connected them together using DMX cable with a terminator on the last fixture.  I connected my Obey 70 to the stands through one channel of our bands 100' snake.  The stands are connected by either 25' or 50' DMX cables. Lately, I have been loosing control of the fixtures. When I eliminate the snake, I can control everything. So, I thought I would get the Blizzard icicle pack (or some other Ebay copy) to eliminate the snake. Will one receiver handle all the trusses (I've got the lights assigned to three different addresses) or would it be better to get 3 more receivers and eliminate the 25/50' DMX cables between the fixtures?  

Best option is one transmitter and a receiver at each section

Comment

• lance696
      lance696 commented
      Editing a comment

Ray - will I need a terminator on each light stand?

You can start with just the Wipak and see how it works (should work fine.)  Then as budget allows, you can eliminate the linking cables.

Thanks,
    Bill Cronheim
    Enterainment Systems Corporation
    Back stage since 1973

Comment

• lance696
      lance696 commented
      Editing a comment

Bill - how long can DMX cables be without compromising a signal?

Working...
X