Front Light thoughts?

• Members

Currently i have 2 front lights that we use with like 45 watt hallogens in them, plenty of light, but i can still feel the heat when the rest of the stage is LED. Ive heard good things for the most part about blizzard, the rest of my rig is Chauvet, i was looking at the PUCK RGBAW, and puck RBGA. Would these compliement the rest of my rig, not washing them out, they will be used to focus in on singers faces etc for front.

• Members

Those look great! Now if i were to do 1 per side, just to keep it simple, in both programing etc, and id probally always have them on a standard amber so we dont look like aliens being probed or something, do you think the fab 5s would wash out the rest of the rig? thats what im trying to prevent.

• Members

AlmostThereMaine wrote:

Currently i have 2 front lights that we use with like 45 watt hallogens in them, plenty of light, but i can still feel the heat when the rest of the stage is LED. Ive heard good things for the most part about blizzard, the rest of my rig is Chauvet, i was looking at the PUCK RGBAW, and puck RBGA. Would these compliement the rest of my rig, not washing them out, they will be used to focus in on singers faces etc for front.

A quick search online tells me that 45 watt halogens have around 500 lumens, give or take a few. I recently bought an LED light at lowes that puts 1600 lumens for $35. Don't worry about the yellow ring, it blinds you like the sun once it is turned on and is white. Would this be good or not good to use for cheap front lighting?

Utilitech 23Watt 3000k 1600 lumens 

and another link to lowes for a Sylvania bulb with 1600 lumens, 20Watt 2700K for $50

http://www.lowes.com/pd_411150-3-78953_0__?productId=4137104&Ntt=led+bulb&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dled%2Bbulb&facetInfo=

• Members

If you've been happy with a 45W halogen, Blizzard's Puck RGBAW will be more than enough for your application at almost half the cost of the Fab 5.  A bit of diffusion material will make it easier on the eyes and spread the coverage as well.

Nothing wrong with the Fab 5's either, just offering you options.

Archived