DMXking Edmx1 review (kinda)

stangconv

• Members

So having a Mackie DL1608 mixer I was looking for a way to control my lights (nothing fancy) via my iPad. I came across the edmx1 Ethernet to DMX adapter. Since its cheaper then enttec's offerings I grabbed one. Now having never ever used anything like this at all, I have nothing close to compare it to. But being a total noob at this, I have to give a HUGE shout out to Dmxking's customer service. We went back and forth lots since I couldn't figure how to configure my network settings. After he dumbed it down to my level, it took off and I am now wirelessly playing with my lights using Alcorn Mcbrides Lighting Pad app!

Huge props to Jason from Dmxking for his awesome help! One of the best I've had to deal with! Right up there with Mike from Yorkville! (I know some people know his awesome service)

Btw, I've gotten way further in 20 min of playing with my iPad app then I did in hours of my obey 40

• Members

No videos unfortunately, it was more of a me sending screenshots to them, and just figuring out networking stuff (which I am clueless about) but its been working great since! I had 3 lights plugged in and been whipping up scenes like crazy.

My problems were that the edmx1 comes default

With an ip in then192.168 range and I am using a airport express in the 10.0 range

• 1 month later...
  • Members

You actually don't need a router if you setup your computer and the DMX adapter on the same subnet, eg 192.168.0.xxx, with static IP addresses instead of automatic.  For most cases, the first three octets (between the decimals) should match and the fourth should be unique.  Most computer Ethernet interface cards made within the last couple years support autocrossover so you should be fine using any Ethernet cable (all my laptops have this function and desktops).

Archived