X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Lights as Blinders

Anyone ever used some basic work lights (like these) for blinders on the cheap?  I'd like to pick up two to use at a show this weekend since they're really cheap...I don't think it would be too big of a deal.  They would be set up on a switch pack.  Thoughts?

I have heard of people doing this. Look for black ones, as yellow is not a good look for the stage, and mind the current draw.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Moe<br><br>---<br><br>It puts the SINES in the basket, or else it gets the hose again.<br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://www.hotrodmotm.com">http://www.hotrodmotm.com</a></div>

Comment

They work great.  As suggested, look for the black ones.  I got a pair of black 250 watters at Lowe's a while back and they work great.  I'd stick to 250 watt units for current draw, heat, and to not blind the audience *too* much.  The ones that I got had a yoke between the light and the base that I was able to put a clamp on to.

Professional Moving Light Technician and Lighting Director
      Author of the Basic Band Lighting Guide

Comment

• djiceman1575
        djiceman1575 commented
        Editing a comment

How big of a crowd would you use 250 watt ones on?  This show coming up will be pretty big...plus would something like a 150 watt work ok for front lighting?

Blinders, not front lighting.
      NO SIGNATURE FOR YOU!!

Comment

We use work lights as blinders.  Since we currently don't have dmx control, they are plugged into a momentary switch pedal that the drummer controls.

Here's a sample:

wedding.jpg

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X