Wireless DMX

• Members

I am in the mix of overhauling my Light Show and I am looking into the Wireless DMX something like ADJ WiFLY, Blizzard wiCICLE and or Chauvet D-Fi.  The rig planes are to run a lighting trees on each downstage corner and then have 2-6 fixtures on the ground (2 up front, 4 back behind the band).

Are you using the Wireless DMX?

What system are you running?

What is the set-up?

Does it work as a good cable substitute?

Do you have any issues?

Is it a set-it and forget item?

Anything else you want to add?

• Members

Are you using the Wireless DMX?

Yes.

What system are you running?

Blizzard Wicicle

What is the set-up?

1x Transmitter, at the controller.

4x Receivers,  1 per truss totem (light-tree), located at each corner of our stage setup. 

Plug the receiver into one of the fixtures, and then daisy chain short 3' cables between the rest of them.

Does it work as a good cable substitute?

Works very well.

Do you have any issues?

Sometimes the direct-power from the fixtures doesn't work.   Have to keep their power cables plugged in.

Is it a set-it and forget item?

Yes, pretty much.

• Members

I currently use 2 Blizzard Lighting LightCasters and a Blizzard Lighting Pipeline DMX splitter for my rig. Since I still have to run power to the side lifts and back truss, I set it up to run power and a DMX feed to each point. I rack mounted the wireless receiver and splitter in a case along with 2 power strips. I can currently run the entire rig off 1 20 amp feed but have it setup where I could use 2 20 amp feeds.all my cable is stored in the same case, pop the top and pull one run to each location power it up and I'm ready to go.

Archived