Amber front washes

• Members

I ask this every few months but I'm still looking for a pair of amber only LED front washes. I guess they don't need to be variable brightness but just enough so facial expressions can be seen. I'm now thinking that ideally they would be 12V so I could rig up a couple of cheap rechargeables for them so I don't need AC. Any ideas?

• Members

Yes, actually. Look at the Whelan TIR 3/LIN 3/LIN 6 series of led warning lights. These are what cop cars, etc, use on 12 volt systems. They have a "steady on" mode, as well as built-in flashers. They are tiny, so you could put them anywhere and be unobtrusive with the. Talk to the folks at "Stobes'n More" (in Rhode Island, IIRC) for pretty good pricing. If they don't work as FOH lighting, you can always use the as the "hazard flashers of God" on your trailer.... Mark C.

• Members

Miko Man wrote:

Yes, actually. Look at the Whelan TIR 3/LIN 3/LIN 6 series of led warning lights. These are what cop cars, etc, use on 12 volt systems. They have a "steady on" mode, as well as built-in flashers. They are tiny, so you could put them anywhere and be unobtrusive with the. Talk to the folks at "Stobes'n More" (in Rhode Island, IIRC) for pretty good pricing. If they don't work as FOH lighting, you can always use the as the "hazard flashers of God" on your trailer.... Mark C.

Those are pretty interesting, thanks! I'd almost be inclined to mount a pair directly on my mains smile.gif except they'd probably gat smashed sooner or later on load-in or load-out frown.gif.

• Members

With a multi light on each, you could do things like fades on the front. My go-to quick front look is this.

Side A: amber 100%, white fading from 100% to 0

Side B: blue 100%, red 100% fading to 0

So if there's no backlighting, there's still a bit of variety. Mounted in too of the FOH.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I just ordered up a .

The problem with the puck type lights I already have is they are pretty tight spots. they would be useless from on top of the mains - though I'm tempted to try some sort of diffuser with them?

To re-iterate I'm wanting something fairly dim and always on, maybe with blackout capability but no need for dimming.

Archived