Halogen Can Bars

djiceman1575

• Members

Anyone ever worked with something like the Elation Pro Bar 4?  I'm looking for a front halogen lighting solution for my stuff (LED is nice but just doesn't give the warmth of halogen lighting), and there's a guy on another forum that has some used ones which may fit the bill for what I need (groups of halogen cans) but I'd like something that is closer to the PAR56 cans.

• Members

Keep in mind, if you go with 4 Par 56 cans per side you'll be drawing a max of 2400w which is 100% of a 20 amp circuit.

Do you already have the dimmers and a controller?  If not you might take a look at Leviton's Systems in a Box.  Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/SectionDisplay.jsp?section=38234&minisite=10251

Regarding LED "warmth" the new fixtures offering RGBAW color mixing have come a long way in offering skin tones.

• Members

I know about the power draw.  Most of the venues I will be in will have enough available power.  I really only use 2 circuits for system power and the LED lighting, and some places already have a basic power distro available (typically a small circuit box with 5-6 20A circuits coming from a 220V outlet)

Archived