My summary of the Blizzard Fab5's so far

djiceman1575

• Members

I ordered 16 Fab5's from Blizzard earlier this year to use in various events.  So far, they have worked great.  I have only had two that have had issues.  One had no DMX panel control since the day I got it, and the other went up in smoke during set up for a show in early July.  Since then, I have had two that were damaged by a "friend" (still not sure what he did to mangle them like he did), and issues with transport have rendered some of the DMX panel buttons to not work well, and a couple that have lost some of the colors (all my fault) so I'm sending them all back as a pack for their little issues here and there.  All in all though, they are great lights for the price.  Very bright and work great.  I will probably use them more on rear truss than anything, and look to stick some halogen or white-only cans up front for front lighting, and leave the multi-color lights to the rear.  Not sure 100% just yet.. If you're looking for a good multi-color LED can for the price, you can't beat these.  I've used them in everything from small DJ shows (wash/strobe FX) to bands, as well as uplighting, and they work great.

• Members

• Members

We are going to do a theatre up in Michigan next month. Im thinking of putting 4 on t bars as well. If I can get away with only using those as front lighting then great. But Im thinking Ill at least get the color wash I want.

Due to time constraints Im not really going to be able to mount anything else up front.

• Members

Voltage55 wrote:

We are going to do a theatre up in Michigan next month. Im thinking of putting 4 on t bars as well. If I can get away with only using those as front lighting then great. But Im thinking Ill at least get the color wash I want.

Due to time constraints Im not really going to be able to mount anything else up front.

I have 2 Q12+ fixtures on short bars at each front corner and they provide big blasts of color on all but the biggest stages. They do seem to be a bit more powerful than the Fab 5s except for amber and white.

Archived