Basic Band Lighting Guide DOWNLOAD

• Members

YOU FOLKS HAVE NO CLUE HOW MUCH I HAVE ANTICIPATED THIS MOMENT. The countless hours of research, outlining, writing, editing, and proofreading have come to a close.

The Basic Band Lighting Guide is going online!!!

Including numerous new sections, including a few snippets that even my wonderful proofreaders haven't seen yet.

Here is the link: http://www.box.net/shared/hl7oxy4bd6

Download away!!!

• Members

Hah! I just went back to see when I first started working on this thing...October 28, 2008. So over four months later, I have a finished product. Not bad for having school and jobs to look after, and having a finished forty-some page work with a glossary, my own reference illustrations, and a number of other resources. I must have spent over a hundred hours on this thing by now, and probably a good bit more than that!

• Members

I'm checking it out now. I got your email about looking it over before being posted, and you said you'd send me a copy, but I never got it for whatever reason... so, sorry I couldn't be of much help!

Well, it was attached, but it's rather large for a .pdf so it might have gotten stripped by a server's limits. Dunno.

At least it's downloadable now!

• Members

Thanks! Looking forward to reading it. (And getting my bandmates to read it.)

BTW - Are you sure that it will ever
really
be finished... with changes in technology, etc.?

See the Disclaimer in the What To Buy section.

"Nothing is ever state of the art - something new comes out the next day"

I incorporated two new waves of products in to the guide just as I was writing it...

• Members

I had been thinking of doing something similar for quite awhile. Glad you actually made the effort to make it happen because it looks much better than anything I could have come up with.

Nice job!

• Members

Very nice lighting guide!

I am new to most new lighting products so that was a very good primer. I really appreciate the effort put into the guide. My last stage lighting purchase was in the 80s (!) so it's cool to get a grip on all the new technology from someone actually using the stuff in a club band situation. My old setup was x8 500 watt par cans and a homemade remote controlled relay pack. Always worked, was bright and hot as hell, but was always an issue getting power. Trying to find 4 separate 20 amp circuits (2 for lights, 2 for sound) in a bar isn't easy. Those were the days, I guess!

I noticed you mentioned the new Chauvet "4bar" setup several times. I decided to make that my first purchase in LED stage lighting, heck my first lighting purchase period in over 20 years. Got one scheduled for delivery next week. I'll report back!

GK

• Members

SL,just finsihed reading the new info in your guide book,awesome work,Useful insight in there,I have taken probably close to 100% of your advice with what to get and how to set it up and use it,And so far you knowledge is bang on,I am pleased with the way my rig is turning out,I have only started to build this year and should be completed in about 2 months,Then i will have a life time of ejoyment creating and playing with the toys.:thu:

Thanks once again SL.

One more thing i would like to add,I realize you have put alot of time and work into this guide and also helping people on this board,Lets just say,It would have probably taken me a couple of years to get as far as i am now,But because of you i have advanced on what i have now.What i am getting at is this.I know you dont expect any payment for this but,I think alot of people have gained alot of knowledge from your advice as well as your guide,I think people should send a small gift of appreciation,for all your hard work.Am i out of line for posting this:confused:

Archived