Chauvet Obey 70 Issues

Glenn1711

• Members

Hi Everyone,

I'm having some troubles with my DMX controller - the Chauvet Obey 70. I recently purchased this unit to control a small set of LED Par Flats, and two Intimidator 255s. I haven't had any issues programming the addresses and being able to manually control the units with the faders, but while I'm programming and playing back scenes and chases I am having a couple of problems. I'm wondering if anyone can help or shed light on the issues?

1. When programming a scene using 4 LED wash lights, I have programmed them to each have their own fixture button (1 through to 4). I set each one to the desired colour - eg. Fixture 1 on Red, and fixtures 2, 3 & 4 on Blue. I save the scene and then want to move to the next scene. As soon as I deselect my fixture, it jumps back to the previous set up. I've tried everything and can't figure out why it's doing this.

2. When playing back a chase, the system is not calling up the scenes correctly. I programmed 4 scenes, and then wanted to create a chase with those 4 scenes. I go into program mode, select the desired order of playback, save everything, and then when I select Auto to playback the chase it is calling up Scenes 1-6 (there is nothing programmed on 5 and 6) and the some of the scenes are not playing correctly (eg. I've set all 4 LED Par Flats to Red, but Fixture 1 doesn't light up at all, fixture 2 is green, and 3 & 4 display correctly as red).

Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Glenn

• Members

Hi Everyone,

I'm having some troubles with my DMX controller - the Chauvet Obey 70. I recently purchased this unit to control a small set of LED Par Flats, and two Intimidator 255s. I haven't had any issues programming the addresses and being able to manually control the units with the faders, but while I'm programming and playing back scenes and chases I am having a couple of problems. I'm wondering if anyone can help or shed light on the issues?

1. When programming a scene using 4 LED wash lights, I have programmed them to each have their own fixture button (1 through to 4). I set each one to the desired colour - eg. Fixture 1 on Red, and fixtures 2, 3 & 4 on Blue. I save the scene and then want to move to the next scene. As soon as I deselect my fixture, it jumps back to the previous set up. I've tried everything and can't figure out why it's doing this.

2. When playing back a chase, the system is not calling up the scenes correctly. I programmed 4 scenes, and then wanted to create a chase with those 4 scenes. I go into program mode, select the desired order of playback, save everything, and then when I select Auto to playback the chase it is calling up Scenes 1-6 (there is nothing programmed on 5 and 6) and the some of the scenes are not playing correctly (eg. I've set all 4 LED Par Flats to Red, but Fixture 1 doesn't light up at all, fixture 2 is green, and 3 & 4 display correctly as red).

Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Glenn

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Regarding #2, it sounds like you are selecting the Auto Bank playback, instead of a chase. The Auto Bank playback simply runs through scenes 1-6 (like a chase), so if you don't have scenes 5 and 6 programmed, you would see nothing until the scene 1 is activated.

To run the chase, you have to select the chase (1-6), then select the Auto/Del button. You can then set the speed using the fader or tap-sync.

Archived