Simulated pyrotechnics for club gigs - oomph without danger?

Alex_SF

• Members

Are there lighting effects suitable for a club performance that can deliver some of the "wow" factor of pyro, without all the danger, liability, insurance, and other associated hassles?

Strobes, blinders, and foggers are a good start. But I'd love to know what other lighting effects are out there to simulate either a column of flames or a shower of sparks -- or deliver something with a similar visual effect without any actual combustion going on.

• Members

• Members

The foggers are cool , but have a tendency to be over kill in their aftermath. The residual fog/haze left over can be overwhelming.

You can totally engulf a venue in a few short bursts from those.

Where the Co2 cannon dissipates quickly more expensive yes , but it is a much better effect

• Members

ADJ Fog Fury Jett looks pretty good and is 100% safe. It's only red 100% Amber 100% in this video. It's an RGBA DMX fixture.

As stated, you can quickly smoke the F out of the place. I bought quick dissipating flud after this gig, dissipates in about 10 seconds, HUGE. Difference, makes them much more usable. They are on the ground, but you can mount them face down, from above, a truss etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
I use a pair of Chauvet RGB Geyser fixtures with the "Steam" quick dissipating solution. I actually dilute the solution about 1/1 ration with pure distilled water for even less lingering residual haze.They are safe and won't burn the club down. (wouldn't want to pull a Great White) https://www.facebook.com/djO.B.1/vid...1935841851804/

Very nice OB1. Your movers & truss look great. Can you tell me what movers you're using, and what controller?

• Members

Thanks. I see we're in the same area (I'm in Woodinville).

ShowXpress really has me frustrated. I don't know the software, but it's installed at one of my clubs, and I can't figure it out for the life of me. I'm simply trying to dim the pre-programmed front wash, but can't seem to make it happen.

Archived