Psychedelic Liquid Light Shows?

• Members

Anyone else into psychedelic light shows similar to Bill Ham/Joshua Light Show? I've recently started and have been playing around doing things using one projectors and the glass from two clock faces to manipulate the water and oil but I have been looking into getting some more projectors so I can expand a little.

Would love to see some pictures of people's rigs if theres anyone else doing it here!

Here's one of my favourite liquid light videos:

• Members

Those look great! I'd love to give them a try, they look like they'd work really well to add lots of layers without having to physically control them. I plan on experimenting with the techniques shown in this video soon as it produces a great organic effects and can be left to it's own devices once it's set up:

• Members

Lol... I played in a band years ago and one of the members did live liquid light shows for local bands with an old school projector and vials of different colors of oils. He used a straw to gently blow them around. It worked, and was kind of cool (he was dressed in a full bunny costume), but it just blended into the background for me after a couple of songs. Short of a head full of acid, not sure anyone was still "wowed" by the thirty minute mark :lol:

Lol... I played in a band years ago and one of the members did live liquid light shows for local bands with an old school projector and vials of different colors of oils. He used a straw to gently blow them around. It worked' date=' and was kind of cool (he was dressed in a full bunny costume)[/b'], but it just blended into the background for me after a couple of songs. Short of a head full of acid, not sure anyone was still "wowed" by the thirty minute mark :lol:

Never go full bunny. :cop:;)

Actually, I bet that was kind of funny / cool. :)

A band I used to work with was doing the projector thing back in the early 90s. I always thought that was a cool, low-tech way to enhance a show, given the right kind of music.

Archived