Any "non-dead" lighting forums?

RoadRanger

• Members
Ask and you shall be answered.

Stlll lookin' for WIDE wash lights. I'm presently happy with the 100 degrees plus of the 10w $11 flood fixtures although the limited color selection (R,G,B,A) of the single color ones and the inability of the RGB ones to retain a setting when powered off is limiting. Mounted on top of my mains with 10mm thumbscrews in the hang points works OK though I really need to fabricate some bars to allow more than one light per main. BUT - I'd like something sound actuated and/or DMX capable. Most LED fixtures are WAY to narrow to use that close up :( . There's no room for lighting tripods most places I end up so starting to wonder what to do about rear lighting. I have some $8 3W strobes I converted to constant but they aren't bright enough for anything except for accent lighting or rear truss duty.

• Members

It is difficult to make recommendations when the OP is happy with $ 11 fixtures.

Any of Blizzard's HotBox series can be converted to floods with the available diffusion panel. The RGBAW model is $ 229.99 and the diffusion panel adds $ 18.50

• Members

I'm looking for something similar, and thinking about these from MCM:

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/produc...m_source=Email

According to the spec's, they have a 40 deg beam.

I work with a band that has a bunch of MCM's $80 7x5Watt quad LED's, and they are really proving to be just as good as the brand-name models IMO. We have them all slaved off 1 master running either sound active (very blinky but affective), or via dmx with me running chase scenes on a board.

Also looking for more lighting forums if anyone finds one. I'm active on Prosoundweb, which has a Lighting forum.

Archived