18 watt $20 Flat Pars

RoadRanger

• Members

I ordered up one of the $20 flat pars on fleaBay to check out. I assumed they'd be small but they are par 56 sized and a bit deeper than other flat pars I own. Fan cooled with a permanently attached 3 prong cord. They have some nice features for non-DMX usage that I wish my Chavet SlimPar 38's had. You can turn down their brightness to anything you want. You can set them to a static color with any RGB values you want. The fade through the colors mode excludes white (yes!). They remember what they were set to. I do wish they were floods instead of spots :( . I'll probably use a pair as banner lighting in slow fade mode instead of the SlimPar 38's I have. They have six 1 watt LEDs for each color. All in all a pretty good deal if they hold up :) .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18W-6-Channel-RGB-Led-Flat-Par-Light-for-Club-DJ-Stage-Party-w-DMX-Control-/281631953505

• Members
They remember what they were set to.
Oops, I wasn't quite right about this - it does remember the power level you set each color to but always powers up in "L" mode and forgets the RGB values you set. So you can't set it to a specific static color and have it come back up with it :( .

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Oops, wrong again. The two I ended up with have different firmware in them and different manuals that DON'T document all the features but they can both have their present settings saved for next power up with the "enter" button. I set both to half power and just a slow fade between colors and pointed them at our rear banner - they worked well for that :) . They are really too "focused" for wash lighting, maybe I'll try diffusers on them as my experimental cheapo wash lights didn't work out well :( .

• 2 weeks later...

Archived