DMX controlling difficulties with my devices

ToLiveIsToDie

• Members

The end game here is that I am trying to just turn on / off two different fixtures (flood lights) to music at certain times. So far I have:

1. http://www.enttec.com/index.php?main_menu=Products&pn=70303

2. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WKY4C8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3. DMX cable

The problem that I am running into is that I can't seem to find a VST plugin to run through my DAW to sync in time with music. I also have had zero luck even controlling the lighting through the computer through ANY program. Any suggestions? Thank you.

• Members

Thank you for the reply! My issue now is that I can not seem to get the Enttec interface to be recognized as an output to send DMX/MIDI changes to the eliminator. Especially in my DAW (Reaper), I can't even find a VST to work with the interface. Reaper doesn't even recognize the interface at all. So

CliffsNotes of everything:

- Trying to accomplish exactly this -

- My DAW doesn't recognize Enttec interface

- Trying to turn on / off flood lights to be in time with music through VST plugin

- Can't find compatible plugin

- Can I find a way to do this via MIDI mapping? But then I need a MIDI converter from the DMX?

- This Enttec interface doesn't seem to be recognized by ANY program (.exe programs outside of DAW)

- The dip switch is correctly set to 1 and 10, but not receiving any signal from interface

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

First, download the free Freestyler X2 DMX software and make sure your DMX interface and ED-15 work together. Your Enttec is a DMX device ONLY, not a MIDI interface, but from what I understand you're not trying to use a hardware MIDI controller... so who cares, all of you MIDI should be done inside the computer.

What you need to do is to have Reaper output MIDI notes to Freestyler. I see lots of Reaper tutorials showing how to get Reaper to trigger VSTi drum machines and the principle is pretty much the same. Freestyler will accept MIDI commands and you can program those to do different things as far as controlling the on/off for the 4 channels of your ED-15.

Archived