Deal... or no deal? (Original 4 Bar content)

monthlymixcd

• Members

So, I ignored the sage advice and bought these anyway. They're in great shape, they work as they should... and for the money they'll add a lot to our show. BUT... the pole diameter of the Chauvet stands (that the 4Bars sit on) is smaller than that of my OnStage stands. I was hoping that they were the same, but could find no specs from Chauvet on the pole diameter. I wanted to use my OnStage T-Bars that I have loaded with other fixtures on the Chauvet stands out front and just cap the OnStage lighting stands that could also hold one or two truss sections over our drummer with the 4Bars, but no such luck... unless someone has an idea of how to work this? I guess I could just get a couple of clamps that fit the Chauvet pole diameter and let the I-beam truss (which would just be holding a banner... so not much weight) sit on them just low enough to still cap the stands with the 4Bars and then just use the OnStage lighting stands and T-Bars as I have up front and on the dancefloor. THoughts? (Other than, "I should have listened to you." lol

Archived