Obey 40 MIDI control problems

marcushendry

• Members

I recently purchased a setup including 2 Chauvet 4bars and and Obey 40. After getting a replacement Obey 40 (the first one didn't work), they now work perfectly. I have full control, and am playing with programming scenes, chases, etc. I would like to be able to control the programs via MIDI. I have a M-Audio Keystation 61 keyboard that has worked fine for other purposes as a functional MIDI controller. I cannot, however, get the Obey 40 to respond to it in any way. I've tried various combinations of sequences of powering each unit on and connecting them. I've tried it in and out of Auto mode, which I read was required for MIDI control. But I get no response at all. The manual is useless for any help. What is interesting to me is the lack of explanation of the MIDI/Add button on the Obey 40 with respect to its "MIDI" function. The only use I've come across is for the "Add" function during programming. When using this button outside of programming, I get the right side display numbers to blink and can select a value using the bank up/down buttons, but I don't know what this is actually controlling. Am I missing something really simple here? Any suggestions?

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Hey I have the different version of the same problem. I can get my Obey 40 to respond to my MIDI sent from my KB, but only intermittently. About one in every 3-4 midi notes are acknowledged. Very frustrating. I'm buying a stage designer 50 to see if that's any better. It may just be that these things are touchy on MIDI functionality.

Archived