Small Effective Lighting for Duo and Band.

sventvkg

• Members

I remember there used to be stickies up here to show people beginning lighting setups...What happened to them?

I'm trying to design a small but effective light show for my Tracks Duo/band now. My current band that I'm a member of makes use of 2 medium size movers, 2 smaller ones in front of the drums on stands and 2 of the bigger Das bulb things with the rotating mirrors etc..we have 4 of those $130 rectangle flat LED panels..One on each outside mover stand on the back and one on the speaker poles each size facing the crowd. The only other lights we have are 2 LED par's, each attatched to the top of the PA speakers, facing down across the musicians in the front line. This is a VERY effective lightshow that's programmed nicely with such minimal amount of physical lights. Of course we have a HAZER and the whole thing is run from a laptop and MyDMX....I'd like something along these lines.

Right now the only lights I have are 2 Chauvet Colorstrips...Any recomendations? Thanks.

• Members

You might want to consider ADJ's WiFly series of gear but you'll really need to raise your budget a bit.

Using MAP numbers here's a sample system.

$ 329.99 WiFly WLC16 512 channel DMX controller

$ 329.99 WiFly Bar QA5 Battery operated strip with 5 x 5w quad LEDs (each)

$ 699.99 Inno Spot LED WiFly 50w moving head fixture (each)

Total $ 2389.95 and you could really use a few more fixtures. This would be a great start however.

• Members
You might want to consider ADJ's WiFly series of gear but you'll really need to raise your budget a bit.

Using MAP numbers here's a sample system.

$ 329.99 WiFly WLC16 512 channel DMX controller

$ 329.99 WiFly Bar QA5 Battery operated strip with 5 x 5w quad LEDs (each)

$ 699.99 Inno Spot LED WiFly 50w moving head fixture (each)

Total $ 2389.95 and you could really use a few more fixtures. This would be a great start however.

Bill I assume its 2 each of everything. I won't need the DMX Controller because we'll be using a laptop and interface. Probably transmitter instead, no?

Archived