American DJ/Chauvet/Blizzard - Any other manufacturers in this price range?

• Members

I know about ADJ, Chauvet, and Blizzard. Are there any other makers of lights in this category that have a similar price range and products. Not looking for High End or Martin as they are too expensive for my needs.

Thanks

• Members
Saving a few dollars isn't worth not having technical support and warranty service IMHO.
Good point - plus I think the "name brands" put the pressure on the Chinese factories to ship them better QC'd product than you'd get ordering direct through fleaBay or one of the Albia (sp?) type online stores.

• Members

Eternal Lighting, that's what I was looking for. I had never heard of them until reading this last post Bill. Any other brands out there?

Just looked at the Eternal Stellar60 and I like what I saw. When it comes to movers I was leaning towards the Blizzard F3. I really like the dual gobo feature and the Stellar60 has the same feature.

Price is not the main concern, as they are all similarly priced. Choice and quality are more important for me. Although saying that if I could get a better price on a comparable fixture that would be great.

Thanks

• Members

I just picked up some of these, at a sale price of $69.65 ea. They are basically like any other PAR 64 can with the smaller quad LED's. The body is molded plastic, which makes it very light-weight. They have the led control panel on the back (no dip-switches). I plan on using them without a controller, in sound active mode for live bands in small clubs. So far, I'm very impressed but have not run them in the field yet. My only complaint would be the mounting bracket is rather flimsy, and should be shorter.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/555-16220?scode=GS401&catargetid=530004080000290606&cadevice=c&gclid=CKS-_vSx678CFQE2aQodq30Aiw

MCM is a great resource for cables, cheap electrical items and the like.

Archived